The Simmons College Natatorium

The Simmons College Natatorium
"Home Away from Home"


“Some people dream of great accomplishments, while
others stay awake and do them.”


-Anonymous








Tuesday, July 28, 2009

World Championships

Hello Team,

I hope that everyone is enjoying the summer so far! The peace and quiet that I experienced back in early June is long gone. Last week, I filled in as the camp director for the Simmons Swim and Sports Camp, which proved to be a tiresome and completely draining job. I did enjoy getting the kids a little wound up by creating Jeopardy questions that were based on my own opinion (i.e. which vending machine snack is the best value... Famous Amos cookies, OF COURSE!). Anyhow, I'm back to my desk and anxiously awaiting the start of the fall semester and the swim and dive season.

The World Aquatics Championships are going on right now in Rome. NBC Sports is covering the broadcast - they are airing the meet every day this week from 12:00-2:00pm and from 7:00-10:00pm. Enjoy the prime time while we have it! The swimming events have just started and the diving events wrapped up last Saturday (did you guys catch some of it?). Tune in if you can!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in about a month!

-Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment